Hazardous Mold Found In A Large Commercial Property

A few months ago I inspected a large commercial property which had been vacant for several years.  The building smelled of mildew and old water stains were visible, but there was no obvious sign of mold.  I was coughing before I left the property, and was experiencing upper respiratory symptoms within an hour of leaving the property. I had no visual evidence of mold, but recommended a mold inspection based upon the odor and my symptoms afterward.  The inspection did reveal mold in the building.   In this particular photo, the bottom level of an apartment building had flooded.  The minute we opened the door and saw the stains, I took one photo and backed out of the building. Some are more sensitive to mold than others, but this is a hazard that can have serious health consequences.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s